Neck size 47-70cm
◦ Adjustable - to exactly and comfortably fit a dog's neck, and can be adjusted as your dog grows
◦ Extremely easy and safe to use
◦ Simple to fit
◦ Unique "Designer Dog Wear" appeal backed with Black Dog's quality guarantee
◦ Will not over tighten on a dog's neck - the cause of nasty K-9 throat & neck injuries
Black Dog Training Collars are made from Brushed Polyester Webbing, for comfort, strength and durability. They're easily washable, in fact after hard doggie wear and grunge, they come up looking fresh and new after a simple wash. All components and workmanship are strictly quality controlled, to give you an incredibly strong, long wearing and robust collar. The insides of the collar are free from rough edges, eliminating the possibility of hair loss or irritation. A small "D" Ring is included, for ID Tags, so your dog is always identifiable.
How Does It Work?
- Pull on the lead and the tension applied to the Tightening Loop pulls the two "D" Rings together, tightening the collar evenly around the dog's neck.
- Once the two "D" Rings come together (pictured left) the collar will not continue to tighten - you can not over tighten on the dog's neck.
- The length of the Tightening Loop is pre-set, to make sure the collar operates quickly and as soon as the tension is released, the collar releases.
- Once adjusted to size, the collar will operate correctly every time and it doesn't matter which way around the collar is put on (unlike a Choke Chain).
(See the Fitting Instructions for details on fitting and adjusting.)
When the Training Collar needs a wash, just throw it in the washing machine and it will come out looking just like new. The Polyester Webbing is colour fast and is resistant to rot, but don't dry it on a high heat, it may well cause the webbing to slightly harden or shrink.
Adjusting the collar to your dog's individual personality, or temperament, is easy once you are familiar with how it works and how your dog responds to it. For dogs why try to escape their collar, or dogs with a very narrow head, setting a larger distance between the D rings will stop them squirming out of the collar.
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 15 March, 2011.